The First Mayor and Town Council



Forest was incorporated as a Town in 1888. The First Mayor was Albin Rawlings who had previously been Reeve of the Village, and Warden of the County of Lambton. The Reeve of the new town was Richard A. Hill, and there were nine councillors. Isaac Mercier, Charles Mason, John D. Livingston, William Prouse, William C. Manning, John-Luke Harrison, Daniel McFarlane, Thomas Brush and Harry L. Morris. Mr. Morris resigned during the year and his place was taken by T.W. Smith.

L.H. Smith and Company
1896

Return to Forest Homepage