Welcome to the
History of Forest Slide Show
The corner of King Street and Main Street 1908
The corner of King Street and Main Street Present day
A general store was opened and it was followed by other
commercial enterprises. An Anglican church was established in 1861 and the
following year a post office was opened. Grist-mills and sawmills were
constructed and the community flourished as a trans-shipment centre.